Monday, March 9, 2009

Pre-Trip Post

Anna's test post sounds all professional and such.  I'm going to use my first post, so-called "test post" to gush about how excited I am to be traveling to Singapore.  I am so excited, I don't think it has really hit me yet.  I have also been writing a paper and entering survey data for the entire weekend.  But, I just saw the night sky picture on this blog and I am so blown away by how lucky I am.

The last time I traveled far was to China.  The summer of 2006, I stayed in Beijing for a month.  It was cool and scary at the same time because I went by myself.  I can't very much read in Chinese, so the whole trip was a big adventure.  Add no air conditioning in a 50-year-old apartment in the Beijing heat, and I'll have to say it was an experience.  Of course, Singapore is more developed than the area in which I was staying in.  I want to compare Singapore to Shanghai, where my aunts and uncles live.  Now, I haven't been there in a long time, but I am planning (and almost-almost there) to make a trip this summer - hopefully an extended trip at that.  Both are such cities.  I mean, I'm so excited to be in a city.  A far cry from lovely Beaufort, but I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment